Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I connect Nokia5110 LCD to a microcontroller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWhoF

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I connect Nokia5110 LCD to microcontroller?

Thanks,
DrWho

5110 lcd

An example on how to connect this LCD to PICAXE-18X was published by the Silicon Chip in June this year .. below is the diagram ..
https://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_107010/article.html
Software for this project can be downloaded from the Silicon Chip website ..

Regards,
IanP

nokia5110 lcd

Actually I connected my PICAXE according to IanP's diagram and LCD according to link given by POLYMATH and I tired to program PICAXE with BASIC code from Silicon Chip but PICAXE programmig software displays message that PICAXE is not connected. It is connected via RS-232 in normal way: 10k and 22k. What is the problem?

Thanks
DrWho

lcd 5110

If you are sure that both connections (Rx and Tx) are correct then the only one thing that can be, and probably is, suspicious is the supply voltage, 3.3V that is ..
To connect LCD you have to lower the standard supply from 5V to 3.3V ..
In normal circumstances even 0-5V for RS-232 standard wouldn't be enough, but nowaday's computers can "understand 0-5V levels (instead of defined by the RS-232 standard: -25-3 and +3+25) ..
So, here you have the microcontroller supplied of 3.3V and you still expect the RS-232 port to work correctly?!?!?!
It is quiet possible the PIC (PICAXE in this case) can receive transmission from the PC but what it tries to send back its feedback (acknowledgment) it is just below acceptable level and therefore your PC tells you: NOTHIG CONNECTED ..

To program PICAXE disconnect LCD, connect 5V supply to PICAXE and try again ..

Regards,
IanP

DrWhoF

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
lcd picaxe

**broken link removed**

check this out.

i found it but i need to send text to lcd by rf module how can i do it ?

nokia5110

Nokia 6610 color LCD interfacing
**broken link removed**

Re: nokia5110

Nimish said:
Nokia 6610 color LCD interfacing
**broken link removed**

new link **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.