Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I connect my microcontroller with PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigar Y. Patel

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I connect my AVR atmega16 microcontroller with PC ?
And I also want to know how can I get starting work with it after Interfacing it with PC ?
How Can I send my C++ program in it ?

Please Help ....

the atmega16 has a USART so you could connect it to a PC using serial communications to a COM port

Depending on the data amount and speed and what you want to do actually you can also use USB connection,
see some sample circuits

Alex

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

I'm not very clear of what you are asking, if you want a way to program your mcu you can use a usb programmer like
fischl.de - USBasp - USB programmer for Atmel AVR controllers
it can work with ponyprog or avrdude ...

you can also build a serial or parallel programmer PonyProg - Serial device programmer

Alex

I am making a Line follower robot.

I am new to microcontroller.
I have AVR atmega16 Microcontroller, I have write a program in C language, Now I want to Send it to AVR, What should I do ?

I have one Cable similar to being Provided to our Desktop Monitor. Now how can I getting start with it ?

Whether I have to Convert C programming first ? &/or what else ?

I don't know what is this deskttop monitor cable but you need a circuit to connect the serial or parallel port or a usb programmer to the isp of atmega,
you need a programmer software like avrdude (with AVR Burn-O-Mat as front end for easier use) or ponyprog setup for your specific cable.
I don't know what tool you have used to write your C code but the programmers sends to the mcu the compiled hex file.

Alex

think what you want to ask is that how can you transfer the C code on to your controller?well i just started recently with ATMega16; firstly you need AVR Studio software,here you can write your C Code,and generate its hex file. You also need WinAvr software for relevant libraries..The generated hex file is basically used by the controller.i think you can use any usb programmer to burn this hex file into your controller,i use SuperPro.now you can patch up the circuit according to your requirements.

i am new to AVRs too,but this works for me fine!

Last edited:
I am making a Line follower robot.

I am new to microcontroller.
I have AVR atmega16 Microcontroller, I have write a program in C language, Now I want to Send it to AVR, What should I do ?

I have one Cable similar to being Provided to our Desktop Monitor. Now how can I getting start with it ?

Whether I have to Convert C programming first ? &/or what else ?

>>>> I have AVR atmega16 Microcontroller, I have write a program in C language, Now I want to Send it to AVR, What should I do ?

you can use serial device programmer to burnn your code to the microcontroller...here is the one you can download it...its free...

PonyProg2000 - Download page

>>>> I have one Cable similar to being Provided to our Desktop Monitor. Now how can I getting start with it ?

you must have the com serial port in your computer..you must use 9 pin serial cable

>>> Whether I have to Convert C programming first ? &/or what else ?

you must convert your c written code into hex file in case you want to burn it...which compiler your are using for writing youe c code?

if still confused feel free to ask.........

hi i am kunal, i want to make usb interface with atmega128 mcu what should i do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back