Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How Can I compile a basic code (PICBASIC) in MPLAB IDE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTFS

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
compile picbasic with mplab

Hi

I have MPLAB IDE 7.00 and I did some project with it in assembly language.
But now I want to do another project with BASIC language and here is my problem that, I can new a project and then save my code (in BASIC)
with .BAS extention but I can not add the file to project for compile.

So it is confused me that when I want to save a file (in basic), MPLAB do it well
and bold its instruction and directives but when I want to add it to project for
compile, there is not any .BAS extention in add window.

What shall I do?

thanks in advance.
NTFS

mplab picbasic

MPLAB should have no support for .bas files then. You will need a basic compiler to do that.

how to compile .bas to hex

hi.
even if u want to process it in Mplab it will not porcess the data.because it needs something that is written with assembly and compiled/build or u should write your code with PicBasic compiler.and should have the windows interface called Microcode because it is dos based in fact.and then compile it here and should u take the hex code or project to Mplab is a little bit problem.hope u understand.i dont use mplab.

basic mplab

HI
YOU CAN DO THIS WITH MICROCODESTUDIO PROGRAM.THIS PROGRAM IS ABLE TO COMPILE BAWSIC AND ASSEMBLY PROGRAM.
WITH MPLAB YOU ONLY ARE ABLE TO COMPILE HEX PROGRAM AND NOT BASIC.
IF YOU WANT ANOTHER PROGRAM TO TEST YOUR HEX FILE AND OTHER GUIDE I CAN HELP YOU.
GOOD LUCK.

mplab bas file

You need to compile that .bas file into a program (the .hex file) and then load that into MPLAB. You will however lose most if not all of your code readability unless you're really good at decoding ASM. Why do you need to load a .bas file in MPLAB?

mplab basic language

hi

first of all thanks for your help.

I want to write my program with basic because it is so complex. I tried to do it by assembly but I regret.

Where can I find the program that you write (PICBASIC Microcode)?

( if it be free so is better).

Thanks

NTFS

how to compile bas in mplab

PIC development tools are notorious for being expensive. PicBasic, even for the simple version is 100 dollars. Which is why I ended up using AVR's. Also to me the assembly language as a little easier to deal with in AVR's as it was more standard across their product line. There are tonnes of free AVR tools out there, Pic's no so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back