Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I communicate to the USB port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeeShan ansari

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ft2xx.dll

Hi,
Can anybody tell me that how i can communicate with the USB port ?i want to make a simple program (at that time) in the visual studio c# ,such program has ability to on/off the LED connected to the USB port. Please guide me..........

c# usb port

The simplest way I know is to use one of USB->Serial or USB->Parallel converter chip manufactured by FTDI (www.ftdichip.com). It's hardware part.
In Your PC software You can use library (FT2XX.dll or FT2XX.lib) to send something to this chip. Driver (with libraries) You can download from manufacturer website.

Another way is to use microcontroller with USB interface built-in but this is harder because You should write also some code for microcontroller.

At last, You can use microcontroller without embedded USB interface, but You should write code with software implemented USB. In this case your microcontroller has to work fast and probably You have to write firmware using assembler.

ft2xx.dll download

Thanks........i use visual studio C#.net 2005.........can i use the library (FT2XX.dll or FT2XX.lib) in C#.net programing? if yes... then how?
Can i control the microcontroller through the USB in Visual Studio C# .Net?
Please give some Hints.......

usb communication with c#

Refer to this link for C# example code. **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back