Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I calculate the sampling frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_eh_62

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I use wavelet Transform and decomposed a signal then I use some detail coefficient and reconstruct the signal:
the main signal sample frequency is 260Hz
what is the reconstructed signal samplinf frequency?
the main signal interval time is 20 second and the sampling frequency is 260Hz
Code:
[C,L]=wavedec(signal,8,'db4');
[d1,d2,d3,d4,d5,d6,d7,d8]=detcoef(C,L,[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8]);
a5=appcoef(C,L,'db4',5);
C1=[a5;d5;d4;d3];
L1=[length(a5);length(d5);length(d4);length(d3);length(cleanecg)];
New signal=waverec(C1,L1,'db4');

I want to convert the New signal numeric interval to the time
so I need to the samplinf frequency of this signal (that differ from the main signal)
How can I calcualte this sample frequency?

If you are just doing the transform the sampling frequency is unchanged however if you are doing any compression using DWT then there will be change in sampling frequency.

I hope this helps.

jahmad said:
If you are just doing the transform the sampling frequency is unchanged however if you are doing any compression using DWT then there will be change in sampling frequency.

I hope this helps.

Are you famillar with Wavelet Transform?
In Wavdec syntax this command decompose the signal and use downsampling method So the sampling frequency will be change but i want to calcilate it exactly.
Could you help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back