how can i caculate BER from eye diagram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kydong

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
I wnat to design a block like EyeScope in matlab to calculate BER in simulink model ? How can i do it? I want to use it to connect into my sinple model ( attach) in simullink to compare eye diagram method with count error method ( BER)..help me, please...thanks so so much..

first of all, thank you for helping me....
I think maybe eye diagram can tell us BER...have you ever run this demo ( eyemeasuredemo.m) in matlab? would you mind to run it and share me some your ideas ? you can search in matlap help to find this file..thanks you..

yessss. thanks for sharing.....but can i embed this code to simulink by design a block ? ex..i have a system ( includes data in, mudulation, add noise ( channel) , demodulation, data out ) and what do you think about BER of system by using this code and BER by using a simple counter block? may do it?....

but you know, in optical communication, it's hard to do like you said, because of waiting a long long time...so I try to calculate BER from eye diagram , no need very accurate...

Status
Not open for further replies.