Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I build my own Low cost LC meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suminomous

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,

I am interested to build a LC meter with considerable resolution, range and Price. in range of nH and pF! capacitors of various standards values are easily found in the market but its very hard to get inductor of desired value.. So i just wind up coils but i don't have any means to measure its value. I Googled around but most of them were not so low cost. So, if anyone could provide me the useful circuit or link i would be very grateful. Thank you!

WELCOME TO EDAboard

Please Try this and it is a good redesign by Phil Rice of Australia. **broken link removed** Select lc meter from the projects at left of page.

A prject of test equipment , costs. ow /no cost -- if desired, you have to indicate the maximum limit. at the best if cost reduction is needed
you should learn and be willing to write your own software to use pc or laptop monitor as display. if pic is felt costly you may have to use 89S51, writing your own software.

Lastly you can use pc as interface and with LPT as input device, and with only the lm311 section of the lc meter indicated at MARC site, you have to manage and again with your software.

all the best.

Last edited:
Thank you mvs sharma for your warm welcome as well as help. i will study those and will let know in case of progress and problems.
thank u once again.

here on my repository you can choose between various schematics
**broken link removed**
happy readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back