Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i browse a webpage by using AT command. Is there any process ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad2005

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to browse a particular website by micro controller over the GPRS modem.
I know AT command. AT+CGDCONT connection.
I never found any instruction which that i can use http site or FTP file download.
(like i want to open/read google.com page by microcontroller or by AT command hyper terminal )

what should i do for this ?

horace1

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If you modem is TCP/IP enabled it can support HTTP or FTP.
However, unless the modem manufacturer can provide a HTTP or FTP application (I have seen FTP for Wavecom modem) or there is a third party supplier you will have to write you own. I tend to write my own TCP or UDP client/server applications for modems.

ahmad2005

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
many thanks for your reply.
It's a EDGE modem i can easily use internet by this modem.
But how can i determine my modem is enabled TCP/IP or not ?
and How to wire my own TCP applications ?? where can i find this application programming code ?

horace1

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
the TCP/IP commands depend of the modem - you need the manual
for example with the WISMO228 I use
Code:
at+wipcfg=1
to start the TCP/IP stack. If it is enabled it replies OK otherwise one gets an error.

FTP client commands to a server are simple text to login, change directory, open a file, transfer data, etc. However, it is a none trivial task to write such a client.
What do you actually wish to do? If it is simply sending data to a server every now then it is simpler to write your own TCP (reliable) or UDP (unreliable) client/server application.

ahmad2005

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I actually want to know how can i read and write a particular webpage like "example.com/text.txt"
what is the TCP or UDP client/server application . How and where can i get this ?
and my modem does not support some of GPRS connection AT command "AT+CIICR" "AT+CIPSTATUS" "AT+CIFSR" something like that. what can i do now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor