Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i balance the clock latency in different gated clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can i make the constraint(in Synopsys and
apollo) to push the different gated clocks domain into balanced clock's latency ?

Clocks and Reset signals are dealed with in back-end, only in the back-end, you really know how to balance it, what a insertion delay for clocks is reasonable.

Reactions: ivlsi

ivlsi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Firstly, after synthesized in Synopsys, you need to inspect the structure of the gated clock tree. Then in SE or Apollo, you set proper clock tree generation constrants according to the structure. The insertion delay has to be got in several iterations.
Wish you luck

I need this software too!!

Plz mail me

Another option is to insert lookup latches for delay insertion between different clock domain flops, when you put them in one scan chain. If latency need to be balanced for some functional reason, we again need delay insertion.
The first option (to force balance clock latency in Clock Tree Synthesis tool) is better, of course.

when you do synthesis, you can set dont_touch on clock and the reset signal. Then do gated clock synthesis when do p&r use Apollo or other tools. if you do clock between macros, you must define synchoronous ping on the clcok pins. The tools will add some delay cells ( you have defined).

Another option is to insert lookup latches for delay insertion between different clock domain flops, when you put them in one scan chain. If latency need to be balanced for some functional reason, we again need delay insertion.
The first option (to force balance clock latency in Clock Tree Synthesis tool) is better, of course.

I cant understand this method , could u explain further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back