Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can I 220 v ac to 14or 25 dc without transformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeniusPooh

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

I'm very new to this area. there is many chip dc-dc and 25 to 0-6 volt down converter.

but why there is no 220 v to 25 volt chip?? I don't understand...

Should I must use transformer??

I want very tiny converter. I want not using transformer or big condenser at all.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Oh I try to us

I'm very new to this area. there is many chip dc-dc and 25 to 0-6 volt down converter.

but why there is no 220 v to 25 volt chip?? I don't understand...

Should I must use transformer??

I want very tiny converter. I want not using transformer or big condenser at all.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Oh I try to us

Hi GeniusPooh and Welcome to EDABoard,

First transformer have lots of purposes, one of them and major thing is to make circuit safe and isolated from mains power, to avoid people to be killed. I suggest reading material about transformers and materials about electrical safety if you are starter level.

You have option for transformeless design but I dont suggest that, read this thread and search EDABoard exist threads about transformeless circuits :
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/240177/

You can buy AC/DC converter module (from around 10eur and higher), or you can make yours.

Learning electronics should start from safety.

With practice and learning you will get knowledge and skills, and with lots of skills you will be in position to make smaller devices.

If you have some problem with psu in device you can always use this method, like every world manufacturer :

Power-300x191.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

You didnt mention current needs?

Hi GeniusPooh and Welcome to EDABoard,

First transformer have lots of purposes, one of them and major thing is to make circuit safe and isolated from mains power, to avoid people to be killed. I suggest reading material about transformers and materials about electrical safety if you are starter level.

You have option for transformeless design but I dont suggest that, read this thread and search EDABoard exist threads about transformeless circuits :
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/240177/

You can buy AC/DC converter module (from around 10eur and higher), or you can make yours.

Learning electronics should start from safety.

With practice and learning you will get knowledge and skills, and with lots of skills you will be in position to make smaller devices.

If you have some problem with psu in device you can always use this method, like every world manufacturer :

View attachment 88720

- - - Updated - - -

You didnt mention current needs?

Oh thank you ...

but I need tiny converter.

So my plan is first transformer less AC-DC 24 volt circuit. and then Texas instrument 30A chip .

so I think I may not cause killing :) Am I right? :) hohoho

out put current about 30A. 3.7 voltage I try to make EV balance charger.

Thanks...

and buying is not option hoho I want to make it by myself :)

If you need isolation, then there is no way around using a transformer, though it can be very small if you use a high switching frequency.

For 30A out, you will also need a PFC front end in order to comply with regulations. Isolation will also probably be necessary for safety reasons.

If you need isolation, then there is no way around using a transformer, though it can be very small if you use a high switching frequency.

For 30A out, you will also need a PFC front end in order to comply with regulations. Isolation will also probably be necessary for safety reasons.

If I pack with battery and charger as sealed package. I think I don't need transformer right? :)

and I'm still don't understand why transformer less design don't isolate 220 volt... out put is my aim voltage right? how can people touch out side as 220 voltage

any reference?

thank you :) this site is very vivid thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.