Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can data mining be used in DSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmjandy

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can data mining used in dsp?

who can suggest some book about it, thanx

Re: data mining

I have been studying Data Mining techniques and algorithms for 3 years already, therefore I possess enormous experience in Data Mining Applications to DSP. I'll just enumerate them here in order not to shrink place for other participants. If anybody is really interested in, just contact me. I'll be looking forward to.

1) Segmentation of signals: Spliting the signal into fragments of generally different sizes (lengths), which possess homogeneous properties. Segmentation helps finding out pieces of signal with different properties (spectral, ststistical, informative, etc.)

2) Clustering - Uniting the discovered segments into a fixed number of classes (taxones, clusterers) which is defined deliberately or automatically. The unification is done according to the special algorithms (k-means, k-median, EM, CobWeb, AVP ,etc)

3) Mining Assosiacion Rules and Sequential Analysis - This direction consists od finding logical regularities in signal's internal structure and helps connecting different events in signals. Also it includes finding time patterns (sequential analysis) which also characterize the signal's nature

4) Classification - Referring new signals or separate fragments to one of the known classes according to the constructed model (trees, rules, graphs, etc.)

5) Multi-dimensional visualization - very suitable and convenient for plotting n-dimensional dataset in order to observe their proximity or remoteness which is useful for explaining their classes labels.

Recently, Statistical analysis has been involved in the group of DM problems. However, it's usually effective in preliminary processing, when absolutely nothing is aware about the dataset

With respect,

Dmitrij

lmjandy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Dear
I am interested in Data mining material (all subtopics u describe)..can u plz give material on this topic.
regads

hi
i need some information about multimedia data mining in matlab
please help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back