Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How and where are interrupts listened to and handled to ISR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakyflair

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rinu antony

Hi,

I am working on 80x86 platform using IAR C compiler and using µC/OS-II. My application needs to send an input to the filter task periodically say at a frequence of 1 MHz. Can any one tell me how to send interrupts periodically or is there any other method by which we can achieve this. I tried OSTimeDly, but the delay time limit is only in miliseconds while th eapplication requires a time gap in microseconds.

Should th einterrupt routiens b compulsarily implemented in Assembly. I haven't done interrupt programming before. Where can i find some examples or tutorials.
I particularly dont understand how the where the interrupts are listened to and then handled to ISR and where this ISR should actually be written.

Re: Interrupt Programming

Your system uses a interrupt vector table in some memory area. Then, if the vector table is composed of a far address, you need not use an assembly language instruction. But, if the vector table is composed of a far jump instruction, you shold use that assemly jump instruction. In both cases, they use C language rather than assembly language to implement interrupt routines these days.

thanks a lot..can you please tell me where can i find some examples for interupt programming. I havent done interrput programming befor and really like to go through soem examples. I loked at the examples given in the book µC/OS-II by Jean Labrosse, but could not find any using interrupts.

For interrupt processing in non-os based embedded systems refer to Gaonkar's book. Ans for OS based, you usually have examples provided somewhere in the installation. (usually the examples folder which invariably contains the Interrupt processing)

Interrupt Programming

can you please explain the concept of priority level on interrupt in pic18f448?

Interrupt Programming

you probably need an interrupt line to achieve that rate, or use a sw timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back