Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how am i become as you like good pcb board designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akrishna71@gmail.com

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi Super Seniors ,

i am Ramakrishnan , from india, i just done Bachelor of engineering in the field of ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING , Basically i have interest in the electronics field.

for that i just finished orCad course without appropriate teaching, so now , by my interest in the field of pcb designing i got a job at small company ,..,..,.

but , here no seniors to help to me , and i did not use the orcad software fully ., because here little bit of uses only here.

now i can draw the schematic and little bit pcb designing (like creation of board , import the small circuit to orcad pcb designer ,and get some gerber file also )

so now , i need good knowledge in pcb designing and also i want to become as you in good organisation in abroad like US,Singapore... viz.

so i am junior of pcb designing , WHAT ARE THE THINGS SHOULD I DO TO GET GOOD KNOWLEDGE IN PCB DESIGNING ?

AND WHAT ARE THE WAYS SHOULD I DEVELOP MY SKILLS ? Please you just tell me from your side of points , i am asking as junior of pcb designing , i like to become as you , please help me buddy's,.........................

thanking you waiting for your replies .,.,..........

I'm afraid the answer to your question is not so simple and short.

Use some books/ebooks, download and learn from existing project files from Internet.

Try to search Internet for particular things about OrCAD, and coommon things such as Tutorials,...

You have lots friends here on EDABoard, do not be afraid to ask.

Constant learning and research and doing board, practising placement and visulising how the finished routes would look. In my case 25++ years of perseverance, reading up on all the related subjects, EMC, signal Integrity, decoupling, impedances, etc etc etc

Attachments

• PCB related links.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 144
hum, okay thanks tpetar ,..,..,..,.,i will follow as you told , thanks again,...,.,.

- - - Updated - - -

okay marce , thank you for your reply ., i shall use this link

I am a long time engineer that design a lot of pcb. I know OrCad 10.2 and PADS. PCB software is only a tool, nothing more than MS Word, Excel etc.........No offense to the designers here. You take your time to learn, I use the Help and the manual in OrCad to learn and through working, you get the hand of it.

The important of being a pcb designer today is EE. As speed goes up, you have to have knowledge of signal integrity, you cannot just use simulation, impedance line design provided by the pcb software to do this for you. You really have to know how the signal goes and how they interact with each other.

I got into pcb design because I can't let people that don't know enough about signal integrity, noise suppression to layout pcb, and it's too much time to sit with someone to layout the boards, so I end up laying out all my own design. When I was the manager of EE dept, I actually layout a lot of boards for my engineers as we deal with RF, extreme low noise mixed signal circuits.

There are all variation of pcb from simple FR4 to Dupont Flex circuit, to mixed materials pcb that takes time to learn. If you have an EE degree, you are ahead of the game. Read up RF and signal integrity, maybe some EM if you are agressive.

Last edited:
Most engineers I have found are actually rubbish at PCB design...TodoPCB design properly you eed to know a lot of things, understanding electronics is one of them and a cricital one. The best PCb designers are those who both have the experience at PCB design and a good understanding of how signals travel, the more physics you understand the better. With todays software the engineer should put constraints for the signals at the schematic stage, the more meta data added to the schematic the better and more accurate the resulting layout will be especially when doing high speed and critical interfaces such as DDR m3mory interfaces.

Last edited:

thank you buddy, ,. i will try as you told ,.,,..,..

A Good PCB Designer,

Primary Knowledge on Schematic Drawing,library creation(symbol & footprint) PCB Layout, PCB Manufacturing, PCB Assembly,
Secondary : understanding the basic electronic circuit, like Analog, digital, power circuit.....etc.

First decide which software you are going to use. because you have to do practice after the study...

You can start with Altium Designer...
Its user friendly & widely used in India... lot of video tutorial, helps, study materials are available.

whatever you use...
Practice make a man perfect...

Regards
Udhay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back