Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How about this kind of negative feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriot

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Between source node and ground,there is a network constructed by an inductor in series with a capacitor.If the inductor-capacitor network has a resonance frequency in operation band, it can supress the outband gain,improve the stability and widen the operation band。
Is it possible?

You'd better draw the schemetic for others to help U.

DZC said:
You'd better draw the schemetic for others to help U.

here is the schematic, where the inductor is implemented by a strip-line. I want to know whether this network can help to widen operation band?

acctually, it is a self-bias structure for the fet, and it can provide a negative Vgs. The capacitor is a bypass capacitor. My another explaination is that the inductor(strip-line) has a function of negative feedback(current-voltage feedback), according to the character of feedback, it can absolutely widen the band.

is it right?

But the resistor will increase the noise. Does it matter for you?

Alex_IC said:
But the resistor will increase the noise. Does it matter for you?

yes,the resistor will increase the noise more or less, it is the shortcoming of self-bias. But it has a notable advantage of operation with a sigle power supply.
I think the bypass capacitor can reduce the resistor's effection

Status
Not open for further replies.