Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How about these parameters as temperature increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugongying

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
flicker noise

MOS threshold voltage? PMOS/NMOS

electron mobility

threshold voltage decreases with temperature....
mobility increases with temperature....

A.Anand Srinivasan said:
mobility increases with temperature....

i think mobility should decreases with temperature

Hi
in low temp, mobility increases but in high temp, (such as room temp and above) mobility decreases.
regards

the mobility increases until the electron or hole undergoes velocity saturation(speed reduction due to collision equalizes the speed due to absorbed energy via heat)... i am not sure but i think that temperature is higher than room temperature....

temperature rise => vt decrease, mobility decrease

why threshold decrease as temperature rise?

and I have found that above room temperature,electron mobility decrease as temperature increase because the scattering effect increases

Vt is related to channel formation and here the minority carriers just have to traverse some distance and then form a channel so it just depends on the energy of the minority carrier which is directly proportional to the temperature....

1.flicer noise increases with temp increase.
vt decreases with temp increase.

Added after 35 seconds:

1.flicer noise increases with temp increase.
2.vt decreases with temp increase.
3.mobility decreases with temp increase.

Do you trust scientists from Berkeley? You can see some equations in BSIM 4.4 manual chapter 12 or modeling in CAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back