Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How a binary file can be saved on either eeprom or program memory of microcontroller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emax0198

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How a binary file can be saved on either eeprom or program memory of a microcontroller?

Re: Binary file saving?

Some microcontrollers have to programmed in external programmers, and software of these programmers can work with binary and hex files.
Other microcontrollers can be programmed directly from a PC through serial port, but in most cases you will need to download HEX file rather than BIN file.
Regards,
IanP

Then how a binary file can be embedded in the hex file...

Actually I have binary file which contains audio and I want to save it in MCU eeprom or program memory. Should I convert it to hex or not and if it is to be converted to hex then how can that be done?

I don't know what type of microcontroller you are going to use, so it is impossible to guess whether you can program it with, or without a programmer ..
As far as changng BIN to HEX is concerned, I can offer you a tool that has to be used from "COMMAND PROMPT" (old program written for WIN3/DOS) - see attachment .. As the extention EXE is not allowed, I have changed its extention to pdf. You will have to rename this file using again the "command prompt" option, and the command to convert it to its original name will be something like this: C:\directory\rename bin2hex.pdf bin2hex.exe
Regards,
IanP

I am using PIC MCU for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back