Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Housing effect on return loss and radiation pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

shameemkabir

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I have desinged a patch array antenna with sidelobe level less than -16 dB and return loss is better than 13 dB over the designed bandwidth (center freq. 13.7 GHz). Now the antenna need to be positioned inside a housing where the location of the antenna is fixed, i.e., nothing can be changed like distance from the radome (or cover). Distance between the cover and antenna is around 4 mm.

I then measured the return loss and radiation pattern inside the housing. Return loss is around 7 dB and sidelobe level is around 10 dB. Moreover, the beamwidth is also changed a bit that does not matter much.

Now my question is: do you have any idea what steps can be taken to get better return loss and sidelobe level in this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back