Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

house alarm systems and the fixed phone line

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahahah

the solution is staring me in the face
up convert the dtmf to 6khz
simply add a 1khz modulation tone am using a small audio mixer to the transmited signal
then on the other end filter it out to leave the data
using a pll locked to the removed 1khz tone {this should deviate at 1hz}
adding a further referance tone will give a higher order correction factor so the bandwidth can be increased
this way defeating the silence periods

problem solved

Hi Monkey,

I assume you are proposing modifying all the existing alarm receivers in all Alarm Monitoring Central Stations around the world.

hahahaha, it's that easy!

Regards
jss

i think the modification of them

has never been done

and it is not a case of modifying anything
just adding a small additional circuit to the unit
when adding gsm connections

you miss the point of the original thread

There are then some DTMF codes like ContactID (Ademco) or Scantronic Fast and some FSK like Silent Knight or SIA.
Spending some extra time I could find some more information if you really need it .

I really need some more info on home/fire alarm system transmission protocol, like the ones you had talked about so much time ago :)

Can anyone help me? :roll:

There's a comercial product available that might help you out. It's available in both CDMA/GSM standards. Their website is www.ipscellular.com.

Alarm protocols

Still hunting for the alarm protocols. Did anyone ever find a good source for the protocol details? ContactID, SIE, etc?

For GSM implementation it is better to not use speech as transcoders will corrupt spectrum of your signal . But you have to make signal conversion on both ends .
Your GSM must send signals using CS data services (modem) . On receiving end you have to put sginal converter - modem <->CID . Combination of mcu + standard modem will suffice .
Thus you do not have to change the world - but only part of it .

Thanks for the info. I will not be using GSM however. I am looking for something that will interpret alarm codes directly off the alarm panel. I am building a PSTN emulator that will decode and acknowledge the the alarm panel locally. What I am looking for is gory detail on the alarm communication protocols themselves (ContactID, SIE, etc.). Any details on the PSTN emulator would also be helpful but useless w/o the protocol details.

Thanks!

check out epanorama.net

discovercircuits.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back