Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hot to find Orthogonal vectors from a matrix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkhan

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Please help on the issue;

I have a random 6x3 matrix and I have to select only 3 rows which will be orthogonal to each other. What is the way to find these orthogonal vectors? I know what is orthogonality and how it works i.e. if they are perpendicular to each other or their dot product is zero. If the rows are not orthogonal, is there any way to make them orthogonal?

Kind Regards,

Arif Khan

1. a dot product of 2 orthogonal vectors equal zero. this way you can find out if 2 vectors are orthigonal or not.

2. if you have n undipendent vectors you can make them orthogonal ( or orthonormal ) using the "Gram–Schmidt" process. you can find the algorithem in any linear algebra book.

regards
mayyan

i need to generate a random rotation matrix using haar distribution for a matrix A with nXd dimension.
can any one help how to generate this matrix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back