Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Horn Antenna and radiation pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvillene

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
horn antenna pattern

Could you please help me to design a pyramidal horn antenna and obtain his radiation pattern with HFSS?
Thanks

radiation pattern of horn antenna

Not sure about HFSS, but how about in FEKO? The model can be downloaded if you're a user.

horn antenna radiation pattern

What do u mean? I guess u need how to know how to draw it and simulate it, don't you? The easiest way to do it is to create the pyramidal structure by using polylines. I designed some horns in the past. If u are interested on it I can upload a sample file.
Should you need equations to design ur horn u can find them in 'Antenna Theory' book by C. Balanis (I seem it is chapter 11, but I'm not sure). Let me know if this is enough or u need the sample file.

I.

radiation pattern horn antenna

hi all, if there is some one can help me, I need example in HFSS to design Double ridge Horn Antenne,

horn antenna theory

i want to design wideband pyramidal horn antenna in hfss, and i have done calculations of waveguide and flared part but dont know how to make it, if u anyone can help me kindly mail me on my id
spectrum6115@hotmail. or at yahoo with same id
plz help me as soon as possible.

horn antenna patterns

Can you give design parameters of Horn?

horn antennen

i want to design it in the range of 1Ghz to 3Ghz, here are parameters with 15dB gain and cutoff frequency of 0.95Ghz,
a = 15.789cm (one dimension of waveguide)
b = 7.8945cm (2nd dimension of waveguide)
a1 = 39cm (dimension of horn surface)
b1 = 28.371cm (dimension of horn surface)
length of horn surface = 16.44cm
length of waveguide = 8.494cm
i calculate all these with the help of design procedure given in Balanis's book, and calculation of waveguide from David A.Pozar. i will wait for your reply, i need any modal of wide band horn antenna in HFSS working over any range. so that i may get help regarding design.
i am attaching a file kindly check it too. although it seems very good, but problem with it is, that it does not start from zero , kindly comment over it too.

Reactions: kezy

kezy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
pattern of horn antenna

i have done it, no thanx to anyone, couze nobody help me. i myself have to make it. if anybody want any help regarding horn antenn, he can contact me through my email id.

pyramidal horn antenna radiation pattern

please can i have any help in horn antenna design

Hi Kamran, could you please post your email address. I'm also trying to design a horn antenna. I could use you guidance on the matter.

Kind regards,
Don

Hi Kamran,
The Broadband antenna you want to design is not simple horn.
You need to add ridges in the waveguide & horn section to increase your bandwidth.

Search for Double or quadridged horn design in search engines.

You will get many papers or references.

If you stuck at any point then you can send me personal messege.

can anyone help in designing a horn antenna in HFSS, any tutorial.....it will be really helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back