Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Horizontally Polarised Omnidirectional UHF Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

skymaster2010

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, Can anyone offer me help in a design approach to achieving Horizontally polarised omnidirectional UHF antenna for TV frequencies ie 470 - 860MHz.

I would like to achieve a 360 deg. radiation pattern variational of no more than +/- 5db, while at the same time having a reasonable band width response.

Any suggestions, material to look at, or experience had would be appreciated.
Thanks

The only horizontal omni which comes to mind is the "halo". Never played with 'em, so don't know the gain to be expected. Neither do I know what bandwidth may be achieved.

There will be plenty of information on the web about 2m halos, which were/are quite popular. Perhaps that will help a bit.

Another possibility is a 90 deg turnstile. Two right angle crossed half wave dipoles fed 90 degs out of phase.

the Alford slot is another one that meets the requirement and it can provide quite high gain as well.

Brian.

I will do some reading on the designs mentioned, feed back appreciated
skymaster 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.