Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hoping to get a head start this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesignerBarbie

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been taking EET classes for the last year, but was having a hard time with digital lab (too many students not enough free equipment) I need a lot more time and would really love to be able to run labs from home with my breadboard. I was hoping to find a schematic for a USB oscilloscope which I can use to create one for my labs and work at my home. Since I work for a PCB shop, I can get the board made, I just need to have a design I can use that may be low cost or free. Does anyone know where I can get this?

Thank you ahead of time. Let me know if this is the wrong forum. I'm new to EE.

I know personally that if you have an arduino board you can get an arduino scope, however it is very prone to outside interference; It would only give me a true reading when I kept my hand on the USB port which is very impractical.

What you really should do is look into getting a used oscilloscope which you can get from the web for $150 plus another $20 for the probe. There usually nothing wrong with a used one and this $170 dollar investment will pay for it's self over time.

I looked for that avenue as well, not sure where you are looking? I was finding 400-600 price range. Way out of my budget. I found a few other posts in here from 2008 asking for the same thing but I know technology is more advanced just from 2008. Where do you find them for such a low cost? In class we also need a DUAL channel, perhaps that is where the price goes up.

Look this , it is free , need computer & sound card.

(Works only in audio range)

I have used this as spectrum analyzer and recorder for sounds of machine bearings

Regards
KAK

Last edited:

I looked for that avenue as well, not sure where you are looking? I was finding 400-600 price range. Way out of my budget. I found a few other posts in here from 2008 asking for the same thing but I know technology is more advanced just from 2008. Where do you find them for such a low cost? In class we also need a DUAL channel, perhaps that is where the price goes up.
I got mine as a gift and I over saw a $153 price on the receipt of course I could be wrong, I think the price is determined by the frequency range.
look for 'refurbished oscilloscope'

I got mine as a gift and I over saw a $153 price on the receipt of course I could be wrong, I think the price is determined by the frequency range.
look for 'refurbished oscilloscope'

Yes, I have never seen one that price. That is why I thought i could get a schematic and just have a board built. It won't have housing but hey it would only cost me materials. I have seen a few but they were on breadboards. I was hoping to find an actual schematic that is free for a hard PCB.

Yes, I have never seen one that price. That is why I thought i could get a schematic and just have a board built. It won't have housing but hey it would only cost me materials. I have seen a few but they were on breadboards. I was hoping to find an actual schematic that is free for a hard PCB.

I found a scope for around $225, and yes I think it's safe to say that this is dual channel ( I think all of them are like that now).

20MHz OSCILLOSCOPE TENMA 72-3055 USED PULLED OFF LINE

Here's even more results for you;

**broken link removed**

I found a scope for around $225, and yes I think it's safe to say that this is dual channel ( I think all of them are like that now).

20MHz OSCILLOSCOPE TENMA 72-3055 USED PULLED OFF LINE

Here's even more results for you;

**broken link removed**

Im pretty sure the tektronix one will end up being more when the auction is over. Even the starting price is more than I want to spend. Over all most of these are still more than a single parent/student wants to spend. But I appreciate all the ideas. Thats why I was looking for a schematic to build something that will work on my PC. But Ill look at all options I have all summer to come up with a solution.

Ill keep searching for something in my price range :-?

Im pretty sure the tektronix one will end up being more when the auction is over. Even the starting price is more than I want to spend. Over all most of these are still more than a single parent/student wants to spend. But I appreciate all the ideas. Thats why I was looking for a schematic to build something that will work on my PC. But Ill look at all options I have all summer to come up with a solution.

Ill keep searching for something in my price range :-?

Just keep saving up, the function of a bench scope will pay for it's self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back