Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home Made PCB-using which type of paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

mareeswaran

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am interesting for create home made pcb.
I am using the toner transfer method.
I have some doubt.I dont know which type of paper using.

plz let me know.

Thanks & regards,
Mareeswaran.k

try google and search the forum you will get lot of results..
i am using old magazine paper.it gives best result.

try google and search the forum you will get lot of results..
i am using old magazine paper.it gives best result.

thanks for ur reply.
but i need the original paper name.

Thanks & regards,
Mareeswaran.k

Hi,

My best results where with basic thin paper used for wrapping stuff, needs to be thin. Print on it, use the iron and then put it in warm water and will dissolve most of the paper, the rests can be washed off gently with a sponge.

I also tried the special toner transfer paper but the results where less good, and its more expense, harder to find.

I have used many methods over the years to make PCBs.

The cheapest method is to print on pages from thin, glossy magazines (like women's magazines), iron on to the copper, then soak in warm (not hot) water to get the paper off the copper leaving the toner. This method needs care, practice, and only works for simple PCB designs with large traces, like old-fashioned through-hole designs. It can be difficult to get finer traces for SMD ICs.

I have tried many brands of printer paper for toner transfer, but not found any that work better than the glossy magazine paper.

The best method of toner transfer method is using Pulsar Toner Transfer Paper, best if used in conjunction with a cheap laminator but it can be used with an iron. This paper allows much better transfer of fine lines to the copper and I have made lots of fine-pitch boards with this.

Transparent artwork and UV light is still the best method, but is more expensive. The toner transfer method (with Pulsar paper) is adequate for most tasks.

Glossy Photo printing papper
which is used to transfer inkjet printer image to cloth is the best which is tested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back