Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home Automation System(sim300dz) using SMS system... getting complicated!!!8-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

adiishamz

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone i decided to do a Home automation system using sim300dz module.
i ordered my parts through Farnell website. and after recieving my parts facing many difficulties.
i) sim300dz is surface mount Module. How can i physically connect it if i will design PCB for the project?
ii) Farnell Just sent me Sim300DZ on its own ..nothing else....No antenna, no simcard holder...and i dont know where to get them and which antenna and simcard holder to buy which can be connected with sim300dz?
iii) The programmer i choosed for atmega32L(Microprocessor) is multimedia(Atmel AVR® multiprogrammer system EB194-00-2) and i downloaded almost every driver and software part but still when i connect programmer and open AVR studio its gives an error (No WinAVR installation found) does this error matters?
iv) if i will use this sim300dz module how will i simulate it on Proteus or how will i get the PCB layout for sim300DZ?

i) You actually have to design the pcb for your project
ii) sim300dz is what you ordered. Antenna, card holder are separate pieces of hardware
iii) Can't help you I do not use Atmel controllers
iv) you can not simulate sim300 in proteus

For number 3, yes, the error matters, you have to install WinAVR. It's a free open source compiler and, you have to install it before using AVR Studio as a compiler since AVR Studio by itself can't compile although you can use it as a debugger.
Browse WinAVR Files on SourceForge.net

i) You actually have to design the pcb for your project
ii) sim300dz is what you ordered. Antenna, card holder are separate pieces of hardware
iii) Can't help you I do not use Atmel controllers
iv) you can not simulate sim300 in proteus

Hello,
Salam to all,
Yes you are right we cannot simulate sim300 in proteus,
But we have an other model in proteus "Virtual Terminal". Which can interface sim300 to proteus through real tim simulation.
Thanx for you time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back