Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Holding current of a thyristor

Status
Not open for further replies.

muheeb16

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1112B-PSD_(38).png
When I am plotting this how far below must I take this line.Is there any voltage corresponding to the holding current on this curve?

The voltage for latching VL and the holding voltage VH are related to the V/I slope or ESR of the Thyristor which can be estimated from the datasheet V/I drop using IL and IH.

Yes, there will be a minimum voltage, but its difficult to define.

The minimum holding current depends upon the current gains within the device, which is the actual latching mechanism. Be aware that this is highly temperature dependant and there can be considerable variation from device to device in minimum holding current.

The applied voltage at which latching gain falls below unity will also be temperature dependant. Its a very problematic area in which to try to nail down specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.