Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hitachi universal flash programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

proton

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hitachi flash programmer

Does someone knows how to build this
useful programming tool ?
thx
proton

hitachi programmer

you can download FDT 1.5 from **broken link removed**

universal flash programmer

Do I need somekinda hardware between the PC and the hitachi to program it? MAX232? an eval board from hitachi? I'm testing the '3664 and '2128 microcontrollers in the near future...

secmig

hitachi fdt

HI
It seems to me that FDT needs the universal flash programmer board, that, maybe, it's only a max232 .... but someone has the schematics or eventually the firmware if it contains PLD or CPU's ?
thx
proton

universal flash programmer schemat

Hi,

the schematic can be found at the datasheets of the eval-boards but in deed it has a cpu on it and Hitachi was not willing to give me the bin or hex to programm a selfbuilt board.
Once I've seen a board with just standard ttl on it but i can't remember where and couldn't even find it again....Sorry.
But all the processor does is to set Reset and mode and all the other pins according to the Hitachi-programming manual. The rs232-signal can be pushed through over a level-converter I think.
Hope this helps a bit,

BioToxiIc

hmse flash programmer

Now here's the link
h**p://w*w.hmse.com/products/evk/docs/evb3644_um.pdf

have a look at page 119, there you should find the schematic of the flash-board

BioToxiIc

fdt 1.5 hitachi

To use FDT you only need a level converter like MAX232 and connect the apropiate wires to the uC.

Other option is to use the universal FLASH Programming Board (UFPB) included in the Evaluation Board (I use EVB2144F).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back