Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Highest current sink, TTL, HC, HS etc ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEd

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know off hand which has the highest current sink. TTL, HC, C, etc. I need it to multiplex a couple of leds at highest possible sinking current without using a ULN2908 etc. Would like to stick with my latch without additional driver chip to make the leds shine a bit more.

MrEd

Hi,

I think AC has a high sink current.

Check also F series...

HC has highest current sink but none can drive 50 ohms, you double them up, ok?

I'm not really sure what kind have the highest current, but AC is a good choice - quite fast and survives much. :cool:

Depends on your application. Usually ABT and FCT families are the best. Check www.idt.com. They have good circuits.

check data sheet

Each family has line driver type gates that have higher than usual output current. If I remember right, HC drivers have 50 mA per gate or 300 Per DIP. You could always use a discrete transistor which would probably be cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back