Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High volume PCB price; 6 layer vs 10 layer board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Oetker

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Does anyone have an idea what is the (very) high volume (100k+) price difference between six layer (4Sig, 2planes) vs 10 layer (6sig, 4 planes). Or, any web based calculator (haven't had luck locating one) for high violume PCB. I am inclined to try with 6layer, but then the traces must be 4mill and not well protected, I am facing EMI/EMC issues from outer high speed layers. 10 layer PCB is a safe bet, but then the price could be prohibitive. I tried to get a quotes, but the typical reply is "send us gerbers first".... The board is 8x7 inches.

thanks,

I would expect that about 2x layers would cause 2x prices. One criteria is that a cheap product that does not pass government radiation standards will not be allowed to be sold and so is worthless.

Thanks,
I did found some Chinese companies, the rough price per sq inch is 0.5$ for 10 layer and 0.3$ for 6 layer PCB. On a large (50sq inch) PCB the difference is 10$. It can probably get cheaper w/negotiation for very high volume, but I agree, 6layer can turn out to be too noisy.

Hi,

We are a PCB manufacturer in China. If you need to buy PCB, please contact me. We will provide you the good price and best service.

Dr Oetker said:
Hi,

Does anyone have an idea what is the (very) high volume (100k+) price difference between six layer (4Sig, 2planes) vs 10 layer (6sig, 4 planes). Or, any web based calculator (haven't had luck locating one) for high violume PCB. I am inclined to try with 6layer, but then the traces must be 4mill and not well protected, I am facing EMI/EMC issues from outer high speed layers. 10 layer PCB is a safe bet, but then the price could be prohibitive. I tried to get a quotes, but the typical reply is "send us gerbers first".... The board is 8x7 inches.

thanks,

Sales will not waste time to give prices to customer who is just walking away without any true buying intentions.

with a gerber, at least the price could be calculated precisely. there are much to be considered when quoting on PCBs.

Leon Xiao
PCB&PCBA Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back