Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High temperature fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsee

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi!!

i want to attach big steel ball with small magnet.. how do i attach it? this should not separate even at 200°C

thanq

what are the size & type of 'separating' forces acting on your ball-magnet assembly ? depending on this we can choose a method.

the size of the ball valve is 30cm in diameter and magnet size is about 30mm in diameter and 10 mm in thickness...

the ambient temperature is about 200°C which may act as separating force..

wat do u mean by doesnt make any sense, is tat impossible??
thanq

(sigh)

a temperature is not really considered as a separating force.

I asked for forces - shear/ tangential/ vertical whatever, and their likely magnitudes. SOME description at least.

Also - what is the strength of your magnet ? If its strong enough, just a temperature increase in the absence of any force is not going to make it come detached from a steel ball. It will stick there by itself.

(sigh)

a temperature is not really considered as a separating force.

I asked for forces - shear/ tangential/ vertical whatever, and their likely magnitudes. SOME description at least.

Also - what is the strength of your magnet ? If its strong enough, just a temperature increase in the absence of any force is not going to make it come detached from a steel ball. It will stick there by itself.

now got it!! actually, there r no forces acting on magnet.. the magnet is just fixed the ball valve.. Now my problem is how to attach this magnet to the ball valve surface, and this should be attached well in temperature of about 200°C...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back