Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

high speed transceiver design

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
transceiver design

Hello,

I was wondering how analog intense is the high speed transceiver design. I want to do IC analog circuit design.

I see a job description that says "looking for Analog Design Engineering position to join the High-Speed Transceivers team"

But I have no clue as to what kind of circuits that go into these kind of chips. Anyone have any clue, links, literature that I can read?

Thank you

cellphone

transceiver design

A high speed transceiver is usually made of a PLL, buffers, sometimes an ADC and a whole lot of digital circuitry. It is more of a mixed-signal type of a design than an analog one. Do you know what kind of applications? If you do, search the web and check for the standard topologies for that application (even though your new company might have a new one and it will most likely be more digital intense...).

cellphone

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
transceiver design

JaonnesPaulus,

Thank you. I will do the search as you recommended.

CP

Status
Not open for further replies.