Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Speed Sample and Hold Circuit !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aic_zh

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys ,

I'm student in swiss federal institute of technology in Zurich . I'm very grad tojoinin this forum with all of you .
In this semester, I have a semester thesis : design a high speed sample and hold (SH) circuit. I use T 0.13um CMOS technology ...
For the OTA, that is used in SH circuit, I have tested all topology telesopic cascode, folded cascode, .... and for the most suitable OTA topologies , I choose the folded cascode with Gain boosting and Two stage Opamp . Between those 2 topologies, it is for me really difficult to decide one .
The supplied voltage is very low (1.2 V) , power dissipation should be as small as possible , the sampling rate is 300 MSample/s, load capacitance 2.5 pF ....
Can you advise me for a right choice ?
Thanks a lot ...
Cherio

I would choose the gain boost ct since it's more stable than two stage, or we can say it's easier to make it stable

I would like to use he folded cascode with Gain boosting , because the two stage is not always stable

it's a very challenging task.
1.2v is very low and the sampling rate is too high. so i will prefer to two stage.

I have the idea as like as renwl .. today I have simulated in Cadence . The Two Stage is more difficult to make it stable, but with a trick ( leak compensation) , you can do it easier .
The two stage with the first stage is cascode , will give a high DC gain and the second stage is common Source . The output swing is very good (800mV) ... for folded cascode with Gain-boosting you have 500mV output swing .

Also, i thank you very much for your comment .

please use gain boosted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back