Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Speed Queries (upto 1500 RPM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulshah

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all :)
A very nice and interesting discussion going on here. Quite learning.

I want to drive a stepper motor(1.8 Step Angle)at 1500 RPM, for which I require 5KHz freq. If I supply a clock signal of 5Khz to the Clk pin of l297, will I get the same freq. on output i.e ABCD of motor? I will be using L297 + l298.

You wil get a step rate of 5000 steps per second. If your motor can follow it is a different question. You should refer to motor data. Quite sure you'll need a speed acceleration ramp up to 5 kHz.

You wil get a step rate of 5000 steps per second. If your motor can follow it is a different question. You should refer to motor data. Quite sure you'll need a speed acceleration ramp up to 5 kHz.

Thanks FvM. Surely I will need to ramp up to 5 KHz. Are you aware of any stepper motor in the size of 42 frame, that can run to this speed?
The load the motor is going to bear will be around 0.4 Kg.

Surely I will need to ramp up to 5 KHz.
That's good.
Are you aware of any stepper motor in the size of 42 frame, that can run to this speed?
Most industry standard stepper motors can run at this speed. The problem is available torque witrh regard to L298 current and voltage rating. It's effectively impossible to operate a NEMA42 size motor with rated torque with this driver, I think.

I'm referring to data from a danahermotion catalog.

Most industry standard stepper motors can run at this speed. The problem is available torque witrh regard to L298 current and voltage rating. It's effectively impossible to operate a NEMA42 size motor with rated torque with this driver, I think.

I'm referring to data from a danahermotion catalog.

Can you send me its link? And do you know any cheap driver available which can drive the motor at 1500 rpm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back