Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

high speed flash adc design issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripathishubhang

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
adc design

hello friends...
my project is design of high speed flash adc ..as a starting i am using tiq cmparator n doing the simulation in microwind,i have a few questions...
1. suggestions on some other simulator.
2.urgent ..what is the value of threshold voltage of pmos i.e. i m keeping the nmos width constant and varying the pmos width to get various switchings but at times the calculation of pmos width is coming negative...what to do...
3.how to improve the speed of adc..

all kinds of suggestions to above topics as well as any other suggestion is highly appreciated...
thank u....

adc design

1. It depends: are you concerned about cost, performance, ease of use...? The industry standard is Cadence, some people like HSPICE, some like Eldo...
2. Why don't you change the nmos width??
3. In a flash adc, the speed is mainly affected by the comparator design. Without any more information, this is as much as I can tell you.

Re: adc design

thanx for the suggestion..
i am simulating it on microwind...can u kindly suggest some values..
regards..
shubhang

adc design

How am I supposed to suggest any value??? Are you a designer??? Use your imagination, try different things, see what affects the results...!

Status
Not open for further replies.