Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Speed (Common Mode) Level Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

avt

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
common mode level

Hi,

I would be very glad if someone could explain/elaborate a little bit to me the level shifting circuit in this paper - if you know any otherpapers/thesis that use level shifters for lvds please let me know also ...

Do you see any advantage by using this levelshifter instead of low voltage gain folded cacode input stage (like in the boni paper) ?

high speed level shifter

by using the capacitors in parallel to the mosfet resistors the level-shifter looks to me like an ac-coupled lvds which is slightly "bettered" by using the mosfet resistors (why not use poly resistors - like it's done in esd (serialresistors before the second diode stage) - btw. ?)

well and if you agree that the signal itself is ac-coupled -> as far as I know you need for ac-coupled lvds a special encoding that provides an equal number of ones and zeros (a DC-balanced signal) - this might be somehow a little bit less restricted in this case because of the resistors - but how can you qualify/quantify the effects that still exist without(!) encoding ?

Status
Not open for further replies.