Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High speed BJT recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hithesh123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can you guys recommend some parts numbers for high speed BJT switch.
Speed is 5MHz, Vcc = 30V, Ic = 100mA

I wanted to know some part numbers that are popular. So it's easy to get them from any local shop rather than digikey.

Depends of local market at each country.
Some brands are more common to find in Asia, Europe and US.

+++

The 2N2222 works almost in the entire FW bandwidth. I suppouse that it is for analog aplication.
Can it swing 0-30V at 1MHz.

I simulated it the falling edge has higher slope than rising edge. I know this is bcoz of the stored base charge. Do you have any circuit/techniques to remove the base charge.

A Schottky diode from base to collector can help to minimise charge storage and speed up turn-off.

Keith

hithesh123 said:
Can it swing 0-30V at 1MHz

I don't think that 1MHz is considered high speed. I suppose that almost every general purpose BJT could reach frequencies above 1MHz.
Take a look at BC817. It is a cheap general purpose npn, that covers your specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.