Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High side Alternatives for ULN2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amr Wael

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello , I am trying to find High side alternatives for ULN2003. In other words , I want a non-inverting relay driver.
I desire to control it using STM32 and it's output should be 5V.
Also it should be preferably available in SMD.
I found the following till now but I am looking for a different one with the previously mentioned Specs.
UDN2982 and it's family , TD62304AFN, TD62783, M54564, LMD18400 , TLC59213

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi,

Current, interface, features, channel count...?

Every IC manufacturer and every distributor has an online selection guide.

Klaus

Hi,

Current, interface, features, channel count...?

Every IC manufacturer and every distributor has an online selection guide.

Klaus
Maximum current is desired to be around 75mA but 50 mA by each channel will do the job. Looking for an IC with 8 channels. I am not sure about what do you mean by interface but it's going to be connected to an Addressable Latch that's controlled through the STM32 microcontroller.
I am planning to use it as a general purpose driver for different loads that are equal to or less than the maximum current. (50-75mA).
Output VOH is desired to be 5V which means that the high side driver IC supply should also be 5V.

Hi,

You say "relay driver".
Then why going the unusual "high side" way?
For the relay it makes no difference, no wiring benefit, too.

Klaus

@KlausST Actually the relays aren't going to be added on the same PCB , they are going to be externally connected (within a specific acceptable current range). I want to elimenate the need for an external VCC connected by the person who is going to connect the load externally to my interfacing PCB. Also they might be used with different loads than the relays.
--- Updated ---

@FvM yes I know but I can't find it in stock at any of my suppliers. The list above contains the parts that I can't use and I am looking for any more alternatives

Hi,

I don't understand. I don't see why wiring "common GND" is different to "common VCC".
Nor the difference to "on PCB" vs external.
Relay, LEDs, motors ... all loads can be wired both ways without difference in effort.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.