Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

high performance and low power

Status
Not open for further replies.

invincibleuiu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
i want know about high performance standard cell and its parameters and characteristics ...please help me about this...

1.what is it definition...
2.advantages......

thanks

Hi,

Are you talking about a specific device?
Then tell us.

Most probably you find the answer in the datasheet. It may be a problem of speed versus power consumption.

Klaus

hello,
i want know about high performance standard cell and its parameters and characteristics ...please help me about this...

1.what is it definition...
2.advantages......

thanks

Whenever you want a good performance and speed and ready to compromise for the area constraint than High performance cell libraries are used.The number of tracks will be more so proportionately even the transistors sizing will be more.

Actually I need the definition for general device , so that it can be fitted for any specification.

Hi,

when you mean by high performance....
there are many other aspect to it.
Such as: power, timing, size and most of them contradict to each other.
Like there is compromise between speed and power. (current trade)

If you are newbie : Think about the best performance car:
it may be high speed, high power, high millage ...

So be specific and you may find your answer.

there are some basic parameters you can use:
area of cells on normalized scale for nand2 gate : 4transistors per nand2 gate .....so a flop with 28 transistors is 7nand gate.....compare their area....
The smaller the better.
No. of tracks : 9T , 7T library another performance parameter..
No. of VT's :
Different kind of flops and area of the flop.

This is marketing lingo.

For ARM devices

High Performance libraries are 20% faster than High Density mainstream libraries
Ultra High Density versions based on smallest cell height require 20% less area and power than mainstream libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back