Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

high pass microstrip filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

piratheepan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, can anyone provide me the information on how can i design a microstrip high pass filter. I want some calculation rather than a software simulation.

You have to model it in lump element high pass filter first. Then only covert it to microstrip high pass filter. Refer the book by David Pozar for details of calculation.

You can try looking for this book

"Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications"

by Jia-Shen G. Hong and M. J. Lancaster

Personally, I'm new to filter design and i find this book easier to understand. They have most of the formula that you need to design a filter. Hope this will help.

i think the filter chapter in pozar book is very good start point for microwave filter design

khouly

HI,
this book will answer to your prayers!!!
David

Hi
There is a book named "Microwave Devices & Circuits" by Bhal & Bhartia. You can find it very usefull. I have done implementation of Low Pass filter (Butterworth & Chebyscheff). Refer the code attached.

The code is in Matlab format.
Also the filter supposed to be in Ladder form with parallel capacitors and serial inductors.
And the code will only provide the length of the strip segments in the picture.
The width of them is related to the impedance of the elements (Zi, Zl, Zc), you can get it easily using microstrip impedance relation.

The filter book is by Mathaei and it is the complete Mic-wave filter book

Status
Not open for further replies.