Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High pass and notch filter questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

estefan2020

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I I live in a town that has 3 bcb transmitters, that bleeds an could use some help.

I would like to create a high pass filter (1470K AM) is bleeding into the short wave 1.8Mhz on up. Not interested in the AM BCB

I would also like to create 2 notch filters (92.5M FM) (100.1M FM) 92.5M also bleeds forwards.

Is there a software program that can use create high pass filter for the 1470k am signal that still sends 1.8Mhz , and 2 notch filters for the 2 fm frequencies.

I would like to update the inductor values and float capacitor values, so I can use parts that can be ordered from e-bay, or other suppliers if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dan

This looks like a job for a wavetrap or 3. There may be commercial units that do what you want, but you can probably do a better job yourself.

Link to a thread at this board, discussing wavetrap for 10kHz:

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/71987/

Informative links:

Dave's Homemade Wave-Trap. **** out those local stations that make your DXing ****!

Wave Trap

TheRadioBoard :: View topic - wave trap schmatic

A poster at the last link (Dan M) recommends a utility called 'Professor Coyle' for calculating what values to use.

He also states:
"I've found that how much the target frequency is reduced depends on the overall coil construction and the frequency - but - the biggest effect is the ratio of the # of turns in the primary coil, to the # of turns in the secondary coil."

Last edited:

Hi, I I live in a town that has 3 bcb transmitters, that bleeds an could use some help.

I would like to create a high pass filter (1470K AM) is bleeding into the short wave 1.8Mhz on up. Not interested in the AM BCB

I would also like to create 2 notch filters (92.5M FM) (100.1M FM) 92.5M also bleeds forwards.

Is there a software program that can use create high pass filter for the 1470k am signal that still sends 1.8Mhz , and 2 notch filters for the 2 fm frequencies.

I would like to update the inductor values and float capacitor values, so I can use parts that can be ordered from e-bay, or other suppliers if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dan

Dan,

Did you need 'brickwall' (absolutely guaranteed to block the BCB) performance?

Like 40 dB guaranteed performance?

This design includes a schematic on the second page and measured performance on the 5th page even a SPICE simulation to boot:

AM Broadcast Band (BCB) Brickwall Filter, 160M - 10M pass, Design and Performance

It uses four T106-2 cores ... although something smaller can be used if you arrive at the same inductance values as shown on the schematic ...

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back