Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High output current op-amp

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am wondering if possible to find an op-amp with high output current up to 600 mA. We have +/- 5 V available for biasing of the op-amp but the load requirement is 600 mA which I am not sure can be supported by op-amp or not. Any suggestion ?

Hi,

First you need to define the application requirements.
(you said that you have +/-5V available. I guess this means power supply voltage. But what about power supply current, load voltage, input signal voltage, frequencies...)
And as so often .... is it asking too much for a simple sketch? It really could speed up to find a solution and prevent from misunderstandings.

Did you do a search (selection tool) at your electronics distributor ... or at an OPAMP manfacturer?
That´s what I´d do.

Klaus

There are several options, you should talk about bandwidth, output swing. Audio power amps may be a solution, DSL drivers if high bandwidth is required.

The 1st and only solution I found for 5V @ 1A is the L272 by ST.
If you need rail to rail swing and high speed then one needs to offer better specs.

Number of Circuits2
Output Type-
Slew Rate1V/µs
Gain Bandwidth Product350 kHz
Current - Input Bias300 nA
Voltage - Input Offset15 mV
Current - Supply8mA
Current - Output / Channel1 A
Voltage - Supply Span (Min)4 V
Voltage - Supply Span (Max)28 V
Operating Temperature-40°C ~ 85°C
Mounting TypeThrough Hole
Package / Case16-PowerDIP (0.300", 7.62mm)

1709966811442.png

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: