Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

high frequency Antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundara

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what are all the important things to be taken care while designing high frequency antenna(300 GHz)?

What kind of an antenna and what are your requirements?

patch antenna , above 300 GHz..

Thanks.

300 ghz really?

wow,300 GHz is very high............
no many people are working in that area.....

Tolerances, tolerances and tolerances. I have done antenna work to 200 GHz for a reflector system.

I am just curious to know that for what that 300GHz antenna will be used..it is infact upper end of radio spectrum..EHF..

The gap between high mm-wave band and far infrared is today a hot topic (0.1-10THz)!

Usually, if you have a single antenna, lens is the approach you should go for in case you need high-directivity antenna. One of (many) problems is the reflection on the lens-air interface.

EDIT:

"patch antenna" ... you mean planar antenna probably, right?

Again, the question is what are your requirements...

i think u shd go for lens antenna .. for a aptch antenna above 300ghz .. tyhe subs thickness will come in picometers.... thets are very tough to fabricate ..

can u specify for wht application u need this for ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back