Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HIGH CIRRENT H-BRIDGE TO DRIVE DC MOTOR !

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsession

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys !

It is my first post, so please be patient to me ! ;)

So, the problem is that I'm currently doing the project that uses DC motor.

To start it I need initial current of about 40 A. So, I need some H-bridge of 10 A long-term and which can support this initial current as well. So problem is, that I can't find any ready solution, cheap one and small.

So my question is: Do you have any ideas how can I probably build my own H-bridge, or order ready-one somewhere, or using something else (some IC's or whatever) ?

Hello mrsession,

Please consider that if you have a 40A initial current, you'll see the same current under stalled rotor conditions. Maybe you can design a H bridge with less than 50A transistors but then you have to be very carefull in the design of current limiting system.

Hope this helps, best regards, and welcome to Edaboard.

Jorgito

There should be plenty of schematics on the web , what you are trying to do isnt that complex. You will need a FET drives 4 FETs, 4 diodes, an inductor and other parts. Do you understand how an H bridge works? do need part choices?

Hi,
self her, on the Edaboard sides _coo-topics- is lot of discussed, you can & should search for different DC motor H-bridges title between topics....
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back