Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi-Tech PICC-18 resources? (books, articles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lighty

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[REQ] Hi-Tech PICC-18 resources? (books, articles)

I just tried a bit of coding in MikroC, C18 and PICC-18. I must admit that I'm most impressed with Hi-Tech compiler capabilities.

However (there is always however I guess), there are awfully little resources I've found regarding more complex examples of it's use. Yes, there is a User guide but it's mainly dealing with syntax, which is mostly ANSI C anyway.

It took me a bit of inquiry just to find information about the syntax of hardware libraries (and I took that out from C18 manual).

So, I wonder if there are any books and resources that deal specifically with topic of PICC-18. If I'm able to find them I might even consider licensing it but so far I was surprised to see how preciously little resources there are. In comparison, MikroC is much, much better documented, which is ironic because it's basically a close-source libraries toy (and boy do their libraries eat resources and are often quite limited).

Any links, recommendation for books etc. regarding PICC-18 would be appreciated. ;-)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.