Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hi jian -help reg. field solvers

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi jian,
ThNKS FOR THE EXPLANATION.....i understood very well...when i simulated the structure...i found no coupling of fields to nearby traces in cpw_coupled_scaled by 10.......there should be much coupling than ordinary cpw_coupled.......can u give me suggestions on this........how to figure it out?......

Also i need the different dielectric substrates with their dielectric constants?....plz help me to get the same.....

i read in a document reg.Carbon nanotube interconnects(used in nanometer technology)....can we model in IE3D....please help me in this regard...
expexting your help..

with rtegards,
venkat.G.

Hi,venkat: I tried to simulate the structure from 1 to 100 GHz. The coupling is below -80 dB even it is there. The TLN is very short and the isolation between the TLNs is big. You should not expect very big coupling. If you increae the length, you will see the coupling going up even though the coupling coefficient is not changed. For different dielectric parameters, you can change them in the Basic Parameters dialog. I can not modify them for you unless I have the data. IE3D is a general EM simulator and it is normally suitable to wide range of parameters. Certainly, numerically, there will be a limit on it. It may cause problem eventually when the parameters are at the extreme ranges. However, as I mentioned to you before, I did try to study the stability of IE3D with nano dimensions. It is still stable with parameters (mainly the substrate thickness) well below the nano meter range. Regards.

Hi jian,
thanks for the reply......how to modify the length and coupling coefficient in PARAMETER dialog box.....

Also i need the different dielectric substrates with their dielectric constants used in practice?....plz help me to get the same.....

is the dielectric should be purely insulator or it can be a semiconducting one?.......

i read in a document reg.Carbon nanotube interconnects(used in nanometer technology)....can we model in IE3D....?..

with regards,
venkat.G.

Hi, Venkat:

To modify the length, you just select the vertices at one end of the structure on all the layers. Then, you move them away. If the structure is longer, you will see more in the S(i,j) for the coupling. Hoewver, the coupling coefficient (Cij and Lij per unit length) will not change.

IE3D allows you to define wide range of substrate stack-up. If you have the data, you just enter them in the Basic Parameters dialog. You can define pure insulator and semi-conductor for each dielectric layer.

You certainly should be able to model iregular carbon nanotube interconnects (used in nanometer technology) on IE3D. As a general EM simulator, when we validate it, we test the ranges of the parameters applicable to the simulator. Due to the numerical nature of EM simulators, there will be always limits on the parameters. Depending upon the algorithm and implementations, the limits can be different for different simulators. For IE3D, we have tested it under very wide ranges of parameters. For example, for the dielectric permittivity, we test it up to 1,000. For the conductivity of semi-conductor material, we tested it up to 10,000. For the substrate thickness, we tested it down to less than 1 nm. These ranges are very wide and they cover the applicable ranges of most high frequency structures. That is why we are confident that IE3D is suitable for your applications.

Best regards.

hi jian,
thanks for the reply.....i got ur idea reg. advantages of IE3D.....

i don't have the structure for carbon nanotube interconnects (used in nanometer technology).....will u please model and give me its structur and geometry?......

withb regards,
venkat.G.

Hi, Venkat:

Normally, I will do it with some initial parameters. If you don't have, if you modify the models from me. Since you haven't provided any layer information, I would just modify the substrates for the models I sent you, and this work can be done by yourself using our evaluation licenses or formal licenses on your side. Just to go the BASIC PARAMETERS of MGRID (IE3D LAYOUT EDITOR) and change the dielectric stackup as you like. Regards.

hi jian,
Is carbon nanotube interconnects (used in nanometer technology).....advantageous over other structures like CPW,stripline,microstrip?.....is there any results proving or validating tht it is the best structure for nm technology?......

herwith i attach a file reg. carbon nanotube interconnects.........It contains some initial parameters for modeling.......so Please model me the geometry for the same?......

expecting ur reply..
with regards,
venkat.g.

Hi, Venkat: I got the .pdf file as file.000 from EDABoard. I renamed it to file.pdf and tried to open it on Acrobat. For some unknown reason, it can't be opened. Regards.

hi jian,

I have forwarded the PDF file reg. CNT interconnects...Please help me in modeling the same...Expecting ur reply....

Also i have a doubt reg.conductors(strips)....whther the conducting strip is copper or aluminium?......

Is there any other conductor widely used for nanometer design?.......

please help me to know...anticipating ur reply...

wth regards,
venkat.G.

Hi, Venkat: Yes. I received it while I was in travel. My notebook could not open PDF file suddenly. I am back to office and I will check it for you. I have been quite busy on my last few days. Sorry for the delay. Regards.

hi jian,
Thanks for the reply...eagerly waiting for ur suggestions reg.CNT interconnects.......

Also i have a doubt reg.conductors(strips)....whther the conducting strip is copper or aluminium?......

Is there any other conductor widely used for nanometer design?.......

please help me to know...anticipating ur reply...

with regards,
venkat.G.

hi jian,
i have forwarded the materilas reg. CNT interconnects.....
Could u please help me in modeling the same in IE3D....please help me in getting the geometry?.....

With regards,
Venkat.G.

Hi, Venkat:

Sorry to reply late. I just read through the paper briefly. I am not able to find enough informaiton (such as conductivity) about CNTs. I also do not see much structure related information there. If you can find out the information, please e-mail me at jian@zeland.com and we will discuss more on it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back