Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi, I'm very new in verification, have some questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexter_ex_2ks

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
H all.
I'm very new in verification, I need some books suggestions. I know that verification can be made in SystemVerilog,SystemC,Vera,e, and C++.
But I need some suggestions for books to start to read. Something that will contain theoretical part + examples. (For the moment I'll use some free tools like tea&truss which is for C++. Does anybody know these two programs? Are they good? Can I use them for study? Is there a major difference between them and the others?)

Thanks in advance
and
Have a nice day !!!

Thanks for the suggestion.

But I need to practice and I think that specman it's not free. I have another question, SystemVerilog it's a language or a program, because if it's a language, I'm shore that I can find a free program with SystemVerilog integration. I was asking for a suggestion for a book with theoretical & practical exercise. I've read about this book on amazon, and it's a very good book,but how can I practice verification with no specman (so I don't think it's a good idea to buy this book because I can't exercise and it's a lot of money).

SystemVerilog it's powerful or not in verification, and is there a free tool for learning purpose ?

Thanks again in advance
and
Have a nice day !!!

I think the best way to learn verification is to write a testbench to verify a design!

If you are looking for a fully opensource platform for modern verification use TEAL/Truss + ICARUS (I believe you are doing that already). This is the best bet as of today. BTW, TEAL/TRUSS is very much industry strength framework, being used at several companies, but you need good C++ folks interested in HW verification - not so easy combination to find.

Other than that, industry is for sure moving towards SystemVerilog, free tools - no, eval versions yes (Try Aldec for example).

We have VIPs being created using TEAL @CVC here. And this is part of our dV-Incubation soon coming up @CVC!

Cheers
Ajeetha, CVC
www.cvcblr.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back