Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi....i want to know how can i reduce the count of buffers and inverters introduced during the placeOPt clockOPt or routeOpt stages...

Status
Not open for further replies.

devaVLSI

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi....i want to know how can i reduce the count of buffers and inverters introduced during the placeOPt clockOPt or routeOpt stages...

1. give path groups as optimization through path groups ahs been done at placeopt, clockopt and routeopt stages.
2. If hold violations are more at clockopt stage, tool will insert more hold buffers at route opt stage.
3. try to bound the logic at place opt for reducing buffers/inverters. place macros near to ports they are talking, place RP toghter.

1. give path groups as optimization through path groups ahs been done at placeopt, clockopt and routeopt stages.
2. If hold violations are more at clockopt stage, tool will insert more hold buffers at route opt stage.
3. try to bound the logic at place opt for reducing buffers/inverters. place macros near to ports they are talking, place RP toghter.

Thanks,

What is the RP here?
And what things to look into for creating path groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.