Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HI. I really want to know why clipping happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightx2

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI, I don't know why clipping has happend like this.

Schematics.gif

Could you help me? I attach img file.

Osiloscope.GIF

Once output waveform is directly proportional to input, your 'simple circuit' is not clipping, but distortion seems coming directly from the VIN power source.

+++

i used 100ohm resistors and clipping has occured. when i change them in to bigger ones(1k ohms) it works very well without clipping. what is this phenomeno?

With 100 ohms you get 10 times the input current for any given voltage which your circuit cannot amplify. If the circuit is meant to be a voltage amplifier, then the currents should be kept as low as possible consistent with good linearity.
Frank

I'm really sorry i can't understand what you said.

i used 100ohm resistors and clipping has occured. when i change them in to bigger ones(1k ohms) it works very well without clipping. what is this phenomeno?
We can't know because you gave no information about the signal source, neither the original waveform nor other properties. As far as reported we just can say, the source is apparently not prepared for a low load resistance.

P.S.: Review the specification part of the myDAQ user manual:
Maximum output current (analog output) ......................................2 mA

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back