Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi guys i dont know whats the DC voltage rating of a creative 10W speaker. 7V or 5V.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramshkrish

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Providing a 7V will cause any damage to the circuit.??????.. Or i should stick up with the 5V as a minimum safe voltage

You should at least write the model number so that anyone that has the same model can check.
Usually the transformer has the voltage/current rating printed, you can check it.

Alex

There is no voltage rating on the transformer.. It just stated E1-48 220V..

Also there is no model number in the speaker.. Its an old one.. Here's the image of the board inside..
xsL9H.jpg

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

Sorry for a bad quality image.. And i dont know to follow the schematic in the circuit.. Will be happy if someone gives me an idea about how to draw a PCB circuit by seeing the board... Will try to post a good quality image soon..

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

In the board its printed as SP-6200 series.. I googled it and found no results related to speaker...

Do you have the power transformer for it?
does it write any voltage near the supply plug or in the back of the speaker or on the PCB near the power supply plug?
Another option would be to see if you can read the amp IC it uses and check the datasheet for recommended operation voltage.

Alex

Its written no where on the PCB... There is also no voltage specification on the speaker box.. The Amplifier IC is situated inside that heat sink.. Thought of not giving any trouble to the circuit...;-):):):);-)... Want to break that heat sink in order to see the model number of the IC... So is there any other way.. Or should i give 5V DC power first and then increase from then on...??????//

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

My transformer got burned up... Thats the problem here...

Wasn't any label on the transformer?
5v should be safe but I can't give you any suggestion of what voltage to use.

Alex

i would check the plug size and see what other power supplies are avalable i would be supprised if it was 5 or 7v
more likely 9 or 12

9 or 12.. ha ha... I was worrying for a 7V input... Now i gained confidence of giving 7V supply.....:):):):):)

You'll need above 9V (stable DC) in case of a bridge amplifier to source 10W@4ohm. So 12V is a more likely number. You also should verify, if the amplifier configuration is actually using a bridge configuration.

SOrry FvM can you explain me how to find whether the amplifier is using bridge configuration.. It will be real helpful for me..:):). THanks in advance...:):)

In a bridge configuration, both speaker terminals would be biased at mid supply and connect directly to an amplifier IC. In single ended configuration, one output is most likely grounded and the other connected through a large capacitor.

It depends on the impedance of the speaker. If the impedance is known then the voltage can be calculated using the normal ohm's law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back