Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hi genius.. Need some help in power supply design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone i am designing certain power supply circuits for my personal .. i have some doubts on regarding switching frequency and duty cycle concepts.. please suggest me any basic tutorial or some good reference books to refer for designing the power supply circuits using smps... :)

Thank you :)

There are lot of material available over internet on this topic. I am suggesting you the books which I found useful (1 to 3 below). Also there are lot of application notes - 4 to 6 are something which are very basic. Hopefully they will be helpful to you.

1. Power supply cookbook ,2nd edn, Marty Brown, EDN Series
2. Switching Power Supply Design, 3rd edn, Abraham I. Pressman, Keith Billings, Taylor Morey, The McGraw-Hill
3. SWITCH MODE POWER SUPPLY HANDBOOK, 3rd edn, Keith Billings, Taylor Morey, The McGraw-Hill
4. Buck Converter Design, Design Note DN 2013-01 V1.0 January 2013, Infineon Technologies North America (IFNA) Corp., Infineon
5. Basic Calculation of a Buck Converter's Power Stage, Application Report, SLVA477A–December 2011–Revised August 2012, TI
6. Micrel’s Guide to Designing With Low-Dropout Voltage Regulators, Revised Edition, December 1998, Micrel Semiconductor

Reactions: ambi

ambi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Try out my interactive animated simulations, linked in the thread below:

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/268178/

You act as the control device. You click a switch onscreen, on and off. (It uses Falstad's Java applet. Your computer needs to have Java installed.)

The chief principle is that you:

1) switch on the source, sending current through the inductor,
2) let current level rise for a long enough time,
3) switch off the source,
4) causing the inductor to generate current,
5) which goes to an accumulating capacitor, and connected load,
6) and you let it continue for a long enough time,
7) then you repeat the entire process.

Status
Not open for further replies.