Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HFSS V14.0] Nr. of triangles per defined surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuphi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.

HFSS-14 can show the number of tetrahedra per object progressing while performing adaptive analysis. However when I use lots of surface elements (ports, ideal conductors, etc) I am more interested in the number of triangles defined on a surface element. Especially when I suspect the number of tets is running away because the solver tries to approach a peak E-field on capacitive lumped RLC's.

Is there some way in HFSS to display the number of triangles on defined sheets?

I received confirmation from ANSYS that HFSS can't show the number of triangles on a surface. I was aware that I could limit the number of passes, the size of the adaptation per pass or the number of elements on one or all surfaces. Applying these limits only makes sense once you know where and why the grid becomes too detailed, so you still need a method of finding out which surface grids are exploding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back